For more than 60 years, families have counted on Ollie Webb Center, Inc. for assistance, advice, advocacy and services when it comes to helping a family member with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
People count on us annually to provide mentors, counseling, and for independent living skills to ensure every individual has a rich and satisfying life.
Ollie Webb Center, Inc. is on the frontline fighting for funding and equal opportunities for people dealing with developmental or intellectual challenges.
From legislation that preserves special education funding in schools to changing public perceptions, the staff is dedicated to keeping families informed of issues affecting them.
Our expertise and our passion for helping people with developmental disabilities lead fulfilling lives has led to creative and effective programs that teach new skills, foster independent living and nurtures creativity.
We aim to find solutions that will allow individuals to tackle any task with confidence
The services and support offered by Ollie Webb Center, Inc. will be there for families on their entire journey. We do this with the help of volunteers who offer their time and their compassion as well as donors who underwrite our work.
At every level, you can make an impact.
10 THINGS TO DO IN JANUARY
1. Become a mentor in your community.
2. Learn more about mentoring.
3. Partner with a mentoring organization.
4. Join “I Am a Mentor” Day on January 10.
5. Think about the mentors in your life, post a tribute to them online, then tweet about them using the #NationalMentoringMonth hashtag.
6. Read the latest research and find resources on mentoring.
7. Serve your community on MLK Day of Service, January 18, by deciding to become a mentor.
8. Make a donation to a mentoring organization in your community.
9. Go to YouTube on Thank Your Mentor Day™ (January 14) and make the National Mentoring Month videos the most popular of the day.
10. Explore ways to help children succeed academically through mentoring