Ollie Webb Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and utilizes the e-Verify program.
Ollie Webb Center, Inc. is looking for a highly skilled, professional Accounting Associate to provide administrative support for the day to day financial activities of Ollie Webb Center, Inc., particularly the activities related to billing and accounts receivable. In addition, the Accounting Associate provides backup to the Controller’s tasks, including payroll, financial statement preparation, and the operation of QuickBooks accounting software.
For more than 65 years, families have counted on Ollie Webb Center, Inc. (OWCI) for assistance, advice, advocacy, and services when it comes to helping a family member with an intellectual/developmental disability. Annually, people count on OWCI to provide mentoring, social/recreational, vocational, and independent living services to ensure every individual has a rich and satisfying life as well as participation within one’s community. This position will assist in ensuring the activities related to billing and accounts receivable are met so that quality services and programming are uninterrupted. This position is a part-time position with weekly hours ranging from 32 – 34 hours per week. The Accounting Associate is expected to be in attendance beginning at 8:30am Monday – Friday.
A detail oriented, personable candidate that can work both independently and as part of a team is a must. This position requires excellent skills with Microsoft Excel as financial and analytical functions are utilized daily. In addition, learning a specific web-based system for billing is vital for this successful candidate. The ability to work on a variety of assignments and adapt quickly and professionally to changes, delays, or unexpected circumstances is necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the agency in a professional manner at all times by modeling integrity, upholding ethical standards, and demonstrating solid interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to communicate ideas and information concise and clearly as well as understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Set priorities for simultaneously managing a variety of assignments and activities; meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented as shown through organizational and record-keeping skills
- Analytical skills
- Maintain confidentiality of agency, participant, and personnel information
- Work well independently, but also as a team in providing support to other staff
- Arrive to work on-time and is in attendance on scheduled working days
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting, billing and financial concepts; document procedures
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures
- Prepare and submit invoices timely; document billing activity; resolve billing issues; monitor delinquent accounts, which may include contacting the appropriate program participants, parents/guardians, or organizations
- Process Accounts Payable
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable and Health and Human Services monthly
- Gather and compile payroll information
- Maintain filing system for all billing records; transfer files to storage when necessary
- Answer questions from program participants, parents/guardians, staff, businesses, agencies, and schools
- Compose and prepare narratives, letters, reports, forms, memoranda, statements and other materials
- Spot and correct financial errors
- Operate a computer, calculator, fax machine, postage meter, copy machine, and other office machines
- Sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
- Lift (under 25 lbs.) and carry equipment/material
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other comparable field (years of experience may be substituted for education)
- 3 years of accounting experience with a previous employer
This position pays between $15.50 – $18 per hour based on experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 402.342.4857.