Ollie Webb Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the e-Verify Program.
General Overview of Position:
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) working in our vocational department(s) provides habilitation to adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities as well as Acquired Brain Injuries.
Ollie Webb Center, Inc. provides vocational services in two formats: day service and supported employment. Habilitation consists of assisting the individual with developing or improving skills in vocational and community-based environments so as to increase and improve the individual’s independence within these areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Arrive to work on-time and in attendance on scheduled working days
- Verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to communicate ideas and information concise and clearly as well as understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Develop and implement person-centered habilitation goals for each participant
- Influence, motivate, and persuade others through teaching and modeling of appropriate social and life skills
- Instruct, train, and support participants to enhance their employment skills, community integration and independence
- Utilize various techniques when teaching skills and concepts to participants of varying abilities
- Complete accurate and thorough documentation of person-centered habilitation goals and objectives as identified in the Individualized Support Plan
- Ability to travel both in and out of city limits
- Lifting (under 25 lbs) and carrying equipment/material as required
- Must be 19 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, vehicle, as well as have a good driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one (1) year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferred
- At least two (2) years of college coursework in education, special education or psychology, preferred
This position pays between $10 – $13 per hour based on experience and education.
Cover letters and resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 402.342.4857.