Ollie Webb Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the e-Verify Program.
General Overview of Position:
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) working in our Independent Living (i.e., residential) department provides habilitation to adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Habilitation consists of assisting the individual with developing or improving skills in his/her home and community life so as to increase and improve the individual’s independence and interdependence within different environments. Individuals supported live independently or in family residences.
- Arrive to work on-time and in attendance on scheduled working days
- Verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to communicate ideas and information concise and clearly as well as understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Develop and implement person-centered habilitation goals for each participant
- Influence, motivate, and persuade others through teaching and modeling of appropriate social and life skills
- Instruct, train, and support participants to enhance their employment skills, community integration and independence
- Utilize various techniques when teaching skills and concepts to participants of varying abilities
- Complete accurate and thorough documentation of person-centered habilitation goals and objectives as identified in the Individual Support Plan
- Ability to travel both in and out of city limits
- Lifting (under 25 lbs.) and carrying equipment/material as required
- Must be 19 years of age
- Must possess a safe, reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, auto insurance (minimum limits of $25K/$50K/$25K), and a good driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one (1) year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferred
- At least two (2) years of college coursework in education, special education or psychology, preferred
This DSP position pays between $10 – $13 per hour based on experience.
Cover letters and resumes can be sent to email@example.com or faxed to 402.342.4857.