General Overview of Position:
The Ultimate Life Companion is responsible for providing one-on-one or small group companion services for the Ultimate Life program of the Arc of Omaha. Ultimate Life Companions teach adults with developmental disabilities social skills through modeling and natural experiences as well as provide transportation for participants to social/recreational events. All outings are during evening and weekend hours. Mileage reimbursement is provided. Hourly wage is between $10 – $11 an hour based on experience and education. **Please note that the schedule for this position is approximately one shift per week (roughly 3 – 4 hours each).**
Companion Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a professional relationship with referral sources, parents, and appropriate others
- Provide teaching and support through modeling
- Assess program participant’s needs and goals for community participation and integration.
- Utilize effective written/oral communication
- Provide person-centered support and instruction
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and persons with developmental disabilities.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow instructions and submit all reports in a timely manner.
- Must be 19 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, good driving record, own vehicle (that can seat 3 participants plus companion) and insurance
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to enter and access information using a personal computer
- Ability to travel both in and out of city limits
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 402.342.4857